Festivals New Guideline : A new guideline has been issued by the state government today in which the planning of Garba in Navratri has not been approved by the state government. However, the government has given one hour for Pooja Aarti. Worship can be done by worshiping idols. These guidelines and decisions of the state government will have to be implemented from October 16, 2020.
Gujarat Government announces new guidelines for Festivals
- According to the decision, no Garba will be held in the state during Navratri.
- This means that no type of garba, including public or street garba, can be organized in the state.
- During Navratri, Garbi / Murti can be set up in public and Puja-Aarti can be done in public, but photos or idols cannot be touched or prasad cannot be distributed.
- This will require the approval of the local administration.
- No more than 200 people will be able to gather and the duration of the event will be one hour. All SOPs must be complied with.
- In areas other than the content zone, social, educational, sports, recreational, cultural activities, planning of religious ceremonies will also be allowed subject to certain conditions.
- Physical distance with a distance of six feet and floor marking for that.
- The face must be properly covered at all times throughout the ceremony.
- Oxy meter facility with thermal scanner, sanitizer as well as stage, mic, chair should be sanitized periodically.
- Handwashing, sanitizer facilities will all be mandatory.
- There will be a complete ban on spitting during the ceremony as well as consumption of pan-masala, gutkha.
- Adults above 65 years of age, children below 10 years of age, pregnant mothers as well as persons suffering from other ailments should not participate in such ceremonies.
- If such ceremonies are held in halls, hotels, banquet halls, auditoriums, wedding halls of caste societies, town halls or other closed venues, they may be held within the limits of 50 per cent or a maximum of 200 persons.
- Up to 100 people can take part in a celebration like a wedding reception.
- Posthumous funeral – The ritual will have a maximum of 100 people.