Purpose of Marriage Certificate
- A marriage certificate is a recognized document that helps in obtaining passport, visas and PAN card. Further, a marriage certificate is required to claim bank deposits and life insurances.
In Gujarat, to obtain a marriage certificate, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
- The bride minimum age should be 18 years, and the groom minimum age should be at least 21 years.
- Both bride and groom must be a citizen of India. In case of marriage with a foreigner, No Objection Certificate (NOC) is required.
The following documents are to be submitted by the applicant at the time of furnishing the application form. The Complete documents must be attested by the Gazetted Officer or by Notary public.
- Birth Certificate.
- Proof of address like a voter ID card or ration card.
- School leaving certificate.
- Marriage invitation card.
- Two passport size photograph.
- Nationality Certificate.
In case of NRI, the following documents to be submitted by the bride and groom.
- Copy of passport.
- Address proof.
- Employers ID proof.
- Residence proof of two NRI witnesses.
- Residence proof of two local witnesses.
The following charges are applicable for registering the marriage in Gujarat.
- Memorandum of marriage submitted with 3o days from the date of marriage : Rs.5/-
- Memorandum of marriage submitted after 3o days from the date of marriage : Rs.15/-
- Memorandum of marriage submitted after three months from the date of marriage : Rs.25/-
Important Link :