UMANG Mobile App : UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) is envisaged to make e-governance ‘mobile first’. It is developed by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and National e-Governance Division (NeGD).
UMANG Mobile App
UMANG Mobile App : The Government of India is keen on making India fully digital in the coming years and is working towards that. For that purpose, the Government of India is encouraging everyone for digital transactions. So that every work can be done quickly and transparently. There is an initiative for that.
UMANG Mobile App Promoting a vibrant digital India program. ‘Umang’ is used for the Unified Mobile Application for New Age Governance and is conceived to create e-governance. The application has been created by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and the National e-Governance Division (NeGD) to promote the Ms Digital India program. The main goal of launching this application is for the citizens of India to do all the activities online through a single platform. In just one click – it can be helpful to know about passport, Aadhar card, PAN card, gas cylinder, provident fund account etc. or solve related questions. In a nutshell, the government has basically an approach to provide almost all government mobile applications through a single platform. At present, we can install a single application for obtaining about 5 government services of five departments by 5 state government and central government.
Key Benefits for Citizens
- Single-Point Ubiquitous Access: All government services are available for citizens on a unified platform for easy access through multiple online and offline channels (SMS, email, app, and web).
- More for Less: Only a single mobile app needs to be installed instead of each app of each department.
- Convenience: Citizens do not even need to install or update the app again to avail government services if more services are added to the platform.
- Saving of Time and Money: Citizens can anytime and anywhere avail these services through their mobile phones, desktops, and laptops without any need for visiting the department office and standing in queues.
- Uniform Experience: All the government services including payment-based transactions provide secure and uniform experience.
- Unified Platform: It brings together all government departments and their services on a single platform to provide better and easier services to citizens.
- Mobile First Strategy: It aligns all government services with the mobile first strategy to leverage mobile adoption trends.
- Integration with Digital India Services: It provides seamless integration with other Digital India Services like Aadhaar, DigiLocker, and PayGov. Any new such service will automatically be integrated with the platform.
- Uniform Experience: It is designed to enable citizens to discover, download, access, and use all government services easily.
- Secure and Scalable: It supports Aadhaar-based and other authentication mechanisms for service access. The sensitive profile data is saved in an encrypted format and no one can view this information.
UMANG Mobile App : View
UMANG Mobile App provides easy access to a plethora of Indian government services ranging from – Healthcare, Finance, Education, Housing, Energy, Agriculture, Transport to even Utility and Employment and Skills.